Ackman's Pershing Square up 1.4 pct in Nov, up 10 pct for year
BOSTON Dec 3 (Reuters) - Hedge fund manager William Ackman posted fresh gains in November even as his big short position on Herbalife lost more money, leaving his fund with double-digit returns for the year.
Ackman's flagship Pershing Square, L.P. fund earned 1.4 percent after fees, leaving the $12 billion fund up 10 percent for the year to date, according to an investor update sent to clients and seen by Reuters.
The gains were nowhere near as strong as October's blowout when the fund climbed 7.9 percent, and Ackman's returns last month lagged the Standard & Poor's 500 2.8 percent gain. (Reporting by Svea Herbst-Bayliss)
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |