Sony says PS4 global sales exceed 2.1 million units
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp said on Tuesday that global sales of its PlayStation 4 game console exceeded 2.1 million units as of December 1.
The number included the 700,000 units sold through in Europe and Australasia launching on November 29, Sony said in a statement.
Sony launched the PS4 in the United States and Canada in mid-November, a week before Microsoft's Xbox One console hit stores, marketing the device aggressively in an advertising blitz that the company believes will pay off during the year-end holiday season.
(Reporting by Sophie Knight; Writing by Shinichi Saoshiro; Editing by Dominic Lau)
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets