China c.bank chief reaffirms yuan, interest rate reforms
BEIJING Dec 4 (Reuters) - China will quicken interest rate reforms and unveil a long-awaited deposit insurance system for banks, central bank governor Zhou Xiaochuan said on Wednesday, reaffirming key reforms laid out by the leadership last month.
The central bank will also push reforms of the yuan exchange rate reform, Zhou said remarks published on the central bank's website, www.pbc.gov.cn and made during a visit to the central city of Wuhan. (Reporting by Li Hui and Kevin Yao)
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister