Brazil watchdog urges Telefonica to exit stake in TIM Brasil
BRASILIA Dec 4 (Reuters) - Brazil antitrust watchdog Cade ruled on Wednesday that Spain's Telefonica SA must exit its direct and indirect stake in wireless carrier TIM Participações SA or seek a new partner for its Vivo mobile phone unit.
In a decision at a meeting in Brasilia, the agency's board of directors also ruled that a new partner for Vivo, Brazil's largest mobile phone carrier and part of Telefonica Brasil SA , will not be allowed to own a stake in another rival in Brazil.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case
- Europe nervy as Russian assets hit by new sanctions talk
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine