How about a little George W. Bush for the Christmas tree?
AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - The George W. Bush Presidential Center has joined the holiday festivities, offering for sale a Christmas tree ornament that features a painting by the former U.S. head of state.
The ornament, selling for $29.98, is an unsigned Bush painting of a cardinal on a tree branch in a metal frame, with a ribbon attached so it can be hung.
Bush has taken up painting in his retirement, producing still lifes, self portraits and images of animals. His wife, Laura, thought the painting of the cardinal could be used to celebrate the holiday season.
"Laura liked the bright red of the cardinal and the greens of the foliage, and chose my painting, for which I am grateful, to become the Christmas card and the ornament," Bush said in a video for the presidential center.
Proceeds from sales go back into the center, which opened this year, and to charities it supports.
(Reporting by Jon Herskovitz; editing by Gunna Dickson)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama