Fitch views passage of Illinois pension reform as positive
CHICAGO Dec 4 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings on Wednesday said the passage by the Illinois Legislature on Tuesday of a measure to reform the state's underfunded public pension system is a positive development.
The credit agency, which rates Illinois A-minus with a negative outlook, said it will be analyzing the reforms to determine their impact on pension funding levels and state pension contributions.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |