Bangladesh gets low offer of $313.82/T in wheat purchase tender
DHAKA Dec 5 (Reuters) - Bangladesh's state grains buyer received on Thursday a low offer of $313.82 a tonne, including CIF liner out, from Bangkok-based Phoenix Commodities in a tender to import 50,000 tonnes of wheat, a procurement official said.
Phoenix made the lowest offer among five suppliers competing for the tender, which is a part of a plan by the Directorate General of Food to import 850,000 tonnes of wheat in the current financial year, up from about 350,000 tonnes a year earlier. (Reporting by Ruma Paul; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |