Bank of Canada's Macklem resigning in May 2014
OTTAWA Dec 5 (Reuters) - The Bank of Canada said on Thursday Senior Deputy Governor Tiff Macklem is resigning from the central bank to become dean of a business school in Toronto.
Macklem will step down in May 2014 to take on his new job at the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management, it said in a statement.
Macklem had been widely seen as the front-running candidate to replace Mark Carney as governor at the Bank of Canada in June, but the top job went to Stephen Poloz instead.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning