Euro falls versus dollar after U.S. data
NEW YORK Dec 5 (Reuters) - The dollar rose to a session high against the euro and pared losses versus the yen on Thursday after data showed the U.S. economy grew faster than initially estimated in the third quarter.
Separate data showed the number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week.
The euro fell as low as $1.3546, according to Reuters data, and was last down 0.3 percent on the day at $1.3548.
The dollar was down 0.1 percent on the day at 102.21 yen .
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |