CORRECTED-Nigeria shuts Abuja airport after plane veers off runway
(Changes day of incident to Wednesday in 2nd paragraph)
ABUJA Dec 5 (Reuters) - Nigeria's Abuja airport has been closed since Wednesday night after a Saudi Arabian cargo plane veered off the runway, the aviation ministry said on Thursday.
The plane ran off the runway late on Wednesday but no one was hurt, ministry spokesman Joe Obi said, without naming the airline that operated the plane.
"The operation to remove the plane to a safe distance from the runway is under way. We hope to resume normal operations by the end of the day," Obi said by telephone.
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials