Sky Deutschland buys sports production firm
FRANKFURT Dec 5 (Reuters) - German pay-TV operator Sky Deutschland said it will buy all of Constantin Sport Holding's TV production company PLAZAMEDIA as well as a 25.1 percent stake in Sport1 GmbH and Constantin Sport Marketing GmbH.
The total purchase price will amount to around 57.5 million euros on a cash and debt free basis, Sky Deutschland, a unit of 21st Century Fox, said in a statement on Thursday.
Sky Deutschland said PLAZAMEDIA is one of the leading producers of sports TV in the German-speaking markets, providing production services for more than 1,000 soccer matches for Sky Deutschland each year.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers |
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default