Mexico senators to unveil energy bill Friday: top lawmaker
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican senators will present a bill to overhaul Mexico's energy sector on Friday and are set to vote on it in committees on Sunday, a top ruling party senator said on Thursday.
David Penchyna, leader of the Senate's energy committee and a member of Pena Nieto's Institutional Revolutionary Party, told reporters a meeting set for Thursday had been suspended but not because of disagreements over contents of the bill.
Lawmakers expect a vote by the full Senate early next week.
(Reporting by Mexico Newsroom)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades