Mexico senators to unveil energy bill Friday: top lawmaker
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican senators will present a bill to overhaul Mexico's energy sector on Friday and are set to vote on it in committees on Sunday, a top ruling party senator said on Thursday.
David Penchyna, leader of the Senate's energy committee and a member of Pena Nieto's Institutional Revolutionary Party, told reporters a meeting set for Thursday had been suspended but not because of disagreements over contents of the bill.
Lawmakers expect a vote by the full Senate early next week.
(Reporting by Mexico Newsroom)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- China rejects U.S. criticism over jet encounter
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |