Mexico senators to unveil energy bill Friday: top lawmaker
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican senators will present a bill to overhaul Mexico's energy sector on Friday and are set to vote on it in committees on Sunday, a top ruling party senator said on Thursday.
David Penchyna, leader of the Senate's energy committee and a member of Pena Nieto's Institutional Revolutionary Party, told reporters a meeting set for Thursday had been suspended but not because of disagreements over contents of the bill.
Lawmakers expect a vote by the full Senate early next week.
(Reporting by Mexico Newsroom)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N