Mexico senators to unveil energy bill Friday: top lawmaker
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican senators will present a bill to overhaul Mexico's energy sector on Friday and are set to vote on it in committees on Sunday, a top ruling party senator said on Thursday.
David Penchyna, leader of the Senate's energy committee and a member of Pena Nieto's Institutional Revolutionary Party, told reporters a meeting set for Thursday had been suspended but not because of disagreements over contents of the bill.
Lawmakers expect a vote by the full Senate early next week.
(Reporting by Mexico Newsroom)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols