Car bomb explodes in Somalia's Puntland region: witnesses
BOSASSO, Somalia (Reuters) - A car bomb exploded in the northern Somali city of Bosasso on Thursday, witnesses said.
There was no immediate word on casualties. Witnesses said the blast targeted a convoy carrying security forces from the semi-autonomous Puntland region, where Bosasso is located.
Islamist rebel group al Shabaab have carried out a series of similar attacks in Somalia over the past year.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |