Guards battle armed men inside Yemen Defense Ministry: source
SANAA (Reuters) - A gun battle was taking place inside the Yemeni Defense Ministry in Sanaa on Thursday after gunmen in military uniforms infiltrated the compound following a suicide car bomb attack at the gate, a source inside the ministry said.
The source estimated that more than 20 people have either been killed or wounded in the blast and ensuing battle.
(Reporting by Mohammed Ghobari, writing by Sami Aboudi; editing by Patrick Graham)
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Stocks extend rally, S&P at new high as data signals growth
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament |