Guards battle armed men inside Yemen Defense Ministry: source
SANAA (Reuters) - A gun battle was taking place inside the Yemeni Defense Ministry in Sanaa on Thursday after gunmen in military uniforms infiltrated the compound following a suicide car bomb attack at the gate, a source inside the ministry said.
The source estimated that more than 20 people have either been killed or wounded in the blast and ensuing battle.
(Reporting by Mohammed Ghobari, writing by Sami Aboudi; editing by Patrick Graham)
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- After unrest over shooting, Ferguson police now wear body cameras