Guards battle armed men inside Yemen Defense Ministry: source
SANAA (Reuters) - A gun battle was taking place inside the Yemeni Defense Ministry in Sanaa on Thursday after gunmen in military uniforms infiltrated the compound following a suicide car bomb attack at the gate, a source inside the ministry said.
The source estimated that more than 20 people have either been killed or wounded in the blast and ensuing battle.
(Reporting by Mohammed Ghobari, writing by Sami Aboudi; editing by Patrick Graham)
- Search resumes for hundreds missing in South Korean ferry disaster |
- Separatists take armored vehicles, humiliating Ukraine forces
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |