Fed's Lockhart: it's been a slow, frustrating U.S. recovery
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. Dec 5 (Reuters) - The U.S. economic recovery has been slow and frustrating and the United States is not yet close to an "optimal employment picture," Atlanta Fed President Dennis Lockhart said on Thursday.
Addressing an audience of bankers and business people, the U.S. central banker added he didn't believe the U.S. stock market was in "bubble territory."
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl