UPDATE 1-U.S. weather forecaster maintains neutral El Nino outlook
(Adds report link)
NEW YORK Dec 5 (Reuters) - The U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said on Thursday it expected neutral El Nino weather conditions in the Northern Hemisphere through summer 2014.
In its monthly report, the Climate Prediction Center said that conditions during November indicated the weather phenomenon was unlikely to cause extreme weather through the summer.
(Editing by Bernadette Baum)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped