Aviva's McFarlane to be named FirstGroup's chairman -Sky News
Dec 5 (Reuters) - British bus and rail operator FirstGroup is expected to appoint Aviva's John McFarlane as its next chairman, replacing company founder Martin Gilbert, Sky News reported.
McFarlane, who has served as the chairman of insurer Aviva since July 2012, is expected to be named FirstGroup chairman on Friday, Sky said, without citing a source for its report.
FirstGroup could not be reached for a comment outside normal working hours. Aviva also was not available for a comment.
FirstGroup said in May that Gilbert would step down as chairman after a 27-year stint with the company once a successor is appointed. The company posted a sharp rise in first-half pretax profit in November after it launched a rights issue in May to raise 615 million pounds.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions