Canada's Scotiabank posts 12 pct rise in profit
Dec 6 (Reuters) - Bank of Nova Scotia, Canada's No. 3 lender, said on Friday its fourth-quarter profit rose 12 percent, helped by a rise in banking fees, stronger wealth management revenue and higher net interest income.
The bank, known as Scotiabank, earned C$1.70 billion ($1.60 billion), or C$1.30 per share, in the quarter ended Oct. 31.
That compared with a profit of C$1.52 billion, or C$1.18 per share, a year earlier.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine