Hamsik injury scare for Napoli
ROME (Reuters) - Attacking midfielder Marek Hamsik could miss Napoli's Serie A match against Udinese on Saturday and their Champions League showdown with Arsenal on Wednesday after suffering a foot injury.
"Hamsik had a knock to his foot. We need to wait and see how it goes," coach Rafa Benitez said during Friday's pre-match news conference.
Napoli go into Saturday's game six points behind Serie A champions Juventus after recent dip in form.
Hamsik, who has scored six times in Serie A this season, is considered as a key player as Napoli look to keep alive their Champions League challenge. Napoli need to beat Premier League leaders Arsenal by three goals to qualify for the knockout stages of the European competition.
(Reporting by Terry Daley, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials