Ukraine's Yanukovich postpones foreign trip over domestic turmoil: statement
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich has postponed a scheduled visit to Malta next week, the presidential website said in a statement on Friday, citing his need "to focus on domestic political issues."
Yanukovich, who finished a four-day visit to China on Friday and was reported to be heading for talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Sochi, faces turmoil in Kiev over his government's suspension of a landmark trade pact with the European Union.
(Reporting by Pavel Polityuk; Writing by Matt Robinson; Editing by Richard Balmforth)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |