Jay Z leads Grammy nominations with 9 nods; Timberlake, Lamar earn 7
LOS ANGELES Dec 6 (Reuters) - Rapper Jay Z led the Grammy nominations on Friday with nine nods, while pop singer Justin Timberlake and rappers Kendrick Lamar and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis landed seven each.
Jay Z scored nominations across the pop and rap categories, but failed to land solo nods in the top Grammy categories for record, song and album of the year. Timberlake was also shut out from those categories.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat