Mexican stocks rise sharply on energy reform optimsim
MEXICO CITY Dec 9 (Reuters) - Mexican stocks rose sharply on Monday as key senate committees neared a vote on a bill to open up state-run energy industries to greater private investment.
The IPC stock index rose 1.27 percent to 42,456 points, heading back close to its highest levels since August.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine