US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens slightly higher; Fed speakers due
NEW YORK Dec 9 (Reuters) - Wall Street rose modestly at the open on Monday, supported by inflation data from China, but gains were likely to be capped with a number of top Federal Reserve officials speaking throughout the day.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 2.12 points or 0.01 percent, to 16,022.32, the S&P 500 gained 2.4 points or 0.13 percent, to 1,807.49 and the Nasdaq Composite added 9.715 points or 0.24 percent, to 4,072.236.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data