PRESS DIGEST -China - Dec 9
SHANGHAI Dec 9 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Monday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
- The China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) plans to introduce bank insolvency regulations, said Yan Qingmin, the vice chairman of the CBRC at a forum recently. The country's overall level of non-credit business operations needs to be improved, Yan added.
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- China's largest car leasing companies are starting to launch asset securitization products. Xinjiang Guanghui Leasing Services Limited issued "the yuan issue" of its specific asset management plan on Dec 5.
- On Dec. 6, China Life Insurance Co Ltd held the opening ceremony for the listing of its e-commerce subsidiary, the industry's first e-commerce company.
- China's development is at an important period of strategic opportunity, but the nature of these opportunities is changing, said a commentary in the paper that acts as the party's mouthpiece. The country is closer to a great rejuvenation than ever, but must focus on the challenges it faces, it said.
CHINA FINANCE INFORMATION WEBSITE
- The Tianjin government is spending 60 billion yuan ($9.87 billion) on a land-reclamation project for the purpose of building a site for China's second free trade zone, according to insiders.
- Zambia has shut a mine owned by China Nonferrous Metals (8306.HK) at Chambishi Copper Mines due to "contempt of environmental law"
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |