Milk producer WhiteWave to buy Earthbound Farm for $600 mln
Dec 9 (Reuters) - Dairy products producer WhiteWave Foods Co agreed to buy organic food brand Earthbound Farm from investors including private equity firm Kainos Capital for about $600 million.
Earthbound Farm produces organic fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables, as well as dried fruits and snacks.
WhiteWave, whose brands include Silk soy milk and Horizon organic dairy products, said on Monday it expected the acquisition to add about 7 cents per share to adjusted net earnings in the first fiscal year after the transaction closes.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- At least four servicemen killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl
- Israel presses on with Gaza offensive, Palestinians fire rockets |