Avanir's multiple sclerosis drug fails in mid-stage trial
Dec 10 (Reuters) - Avanir Pharmaceuticals Inc said its drug used for the treatment of central neuropathic pain in patients with multiple sclerosis failed in a mid-stage trial, sending its shares down 18 percent in extended trading.
There was no difference between the treatment arms and placebo, the company said.
Avanir's shares were down 53 cents at $3.76 after the bell. (Reporting by Supantha Mukherjee in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season