CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher as Barrick jumps on bullion gains
TORONTO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index closed higher on Tuesday, helped by a 5 percent gain in miner Barrick Gold Corp and smaller rises in other gold miners as the price of bullion jumped. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially ended up 11.23 points, or 0.08 percent, at 13,324.01.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions