Santander agrees to buy 8 pct of Bank of Shanghai from HSBC
MADRID Dec 10 (Reuters) - Spain's largest bank Banco Santander said on Tuesday it had agreed to buy HSBC's 8 percent stake in China's Bank of Shanghai and had signed a cooperation agreement.
The deal, including the cooperation agreement, was valued at about 470 million euros ($647.26 million) and should be closed in the first half of 2014, Santander said.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel presses Gaza offensive, kills eight in air strike: officials |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Ukraine threatens to retake territory from defiant rebels