Ukraine's Yanukovich sees no alternative to close trade relations with Moscow
Dec 10 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich, speaking on television after more than two weeks of street unrest over his U-turn away from the European Union towards Russia, said on Tuesday there was no alternative to restoring trade relations with Moscow.
While asserting that Ukraine still wanted integration with the EU, he said: "We cannot talk about the future without talking about restoring trade relations with Russia."
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report