Ukraine's Yanukovich sees no alternative to close trade relations with Moscow
Dec 10 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich, speaking on television after more than two weeks of street unrest over his U-turn away from the European Union towards Russia, said on Tuesday there was no alternative to restoring trade relations with Moscow.
While asserting that Ukraine still wanted integration with the EU, he said: "We cannot talk about the future without talking about restoring trade relations with Russia."
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source