Boehner calls U.S. budget deal a 'modest' yet 'positive step forward'
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The top Republican in the U.S. Congress said on Tuesday that while the bipartisan budget deal is "modest in scale," it represents a positive step forward."
Speaker of the House of Representatives John Boehner also said the agreement crafted by Democratic Senator Patty Murray and Republican Congressman Paul Ryan would help cut the record budget deficit "without tax hikes that would hurt our economy."
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |