Boehner calls U.S. budget deal a 'modest' yet 'positive step forward'
WASHINGTON Dec 10 (Reuters) - The top Republican in the U.S. Congress said on Tuesday that while the bipartisan budget deal is "modest in scale," it represents a positive step forward."
Speaker of the House of Representatives John Boehner also said the agreement crafted by Democratic Senator Patty Murray and Republican Congressman Paul Ryan would help cut the record budget deficit "without tax hikes that would hurt our economy."
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |