Mississippi rejects Entergy grid transfer to ITC Holdings
HOUSTON Dec 10 (Reuters) - The Mississippi Public Service Commission on Tuesday voted to deny Entergy Corp's deal to divest its transmission operation to ITC Holdings in a transaction valued at $1.78 billion.
The transaction is a spin-off and merger of Entergy's 15,400-mile transmission network serving parts of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
The deal has been approved by federal regulators and ITC shareholders, but had faced opposition from state regulators in several states.
The Mississippi PSC is the first state to deny the transaction.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry