VIETNAM PRESS-State investment firm may sell stocks below face value - Thanh Nien
Vietnam's State Capital Investment Corporation (SCIC) could sell shares in state-owned enterprises (SOE) at prices below the face value if auctions of the stocks fail to sell at par or higher, according to a government decree in effect as of Dec. 20, the Thanh Nien (Young People) newspaper reports.
This move is part of the structural reform for SCIC, in which the corporation will divest from 376 SOEs until 2015, including top insurer Baoviet Holdings and technology firm FPT Corp, the report said.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Hanoi Newsroom; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- A week on, Gaza war takes on deadly routine despite calls for truce |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels |
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources