RPT-Austrian banks need to boost capital - cenbank
(Repeats to link to headlines)
VIENNA Dec 11 (Reuters) - Austrian banks have raised their capital ratios but need to improve more, the Austrian National Bank (OeNB) said on Wednesday in its semi-annual financial stability report.
"A further build-up of capital is still warranted in the OeNB's view given the risk structure of exposure (in central, eastern and southeastern Europe), higher market expectations for regulatory demands, the better capitalisation of peer banks and the need to pay back state aid," it said on Wednesday.
It described the banking sector, which includes the biggest lenders to emerging Europe, as stable "with the exception of known problem cases". (Reporting by Michael Shields; Editing by Georgina Prodhan)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister