Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
Dec 11 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Bankers are assembling financing packages of around 200 million euros ($275.4 million) to back a sale of Norwegian children's furniture maker Stokke, after final round bids were submitted on Monday, banking sources said on Tuesday.
* Discovery Communication's board discussed making a possible run at sought-after cable company Scripps Network Interactive, home to the Food Network and HGTV, according to a report in Variety citing a person with knowledge of the Discovery board meeting.
* British bus and rail operator FirstGroup Plc has received a letter from one of its biggest shareholders, urging the company to sell its U.S. businesses in order to pay down debt, the Financial Times reported.
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two dead, including gunman, in shooting at Washington high school: police
- U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers |
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order