Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
Dec 11 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Bankers are assembling financing packages of around 200 million euros ($275.4 million) to back a sale of Norwegian children's furniture maker Stokke, after final round bids were submitted on Monday, banking sources said on Tuesday.
* Discovery Communication's board discussed making a possible run at sought-after cable company Scripps Network Interactive, home to the Food Network and HGTV, according to a report in Variety citing a person with knowledge of the Discovery board meeting.
* British bus and rail operator FirstGroup Plc has received a letter from one of its biggest shareholders, urging the company to sell its U.S. businesses in order to pay down debt, the Financial Times reported.
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane