India court to rule on seized Nokia plant on Thursday
Dec 11 (Reuters) - An Indian court will issue on Thursday its verdict on Nokia's appeal against the seizure by tax authorities of its local factory after a tax dispute, lawyers for the company and the tax department said on Wednesday.
The Chennai factory is one of Nokia's biggest phone-making plants. Nokia has been trying to end the dispute ahead of the sale of its mobile phone business to Microsoft in a 5.4 billion euros ($7.4 billion) deal.
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- New report calls U.S. a 'rising star' of global manufacturing