Ukrainian riot police storm Kiev's City Hall
KIEV Dec 11 (Reuters) - Ukrainian riot police stormed Kiev's City Hall on Wednesday to try to force out protesters who have occupied the building, the protesters said.
The protesters appeared to be firing water back at the police from hoses after officers blocked the building off with buses, live footage from the Espreso television channel showed.
The protesters, demanding Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich's resignation, said the police had entered the building. (Reporting by Natalia Zinets, writing by Elizabeth Piper, editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean: source |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data