Ukrainian riot police leave Kiev protest sites - witnesses
KIEV Dec 11 (Reuters) - Ukrainian riot police and Interior Ministry troops have left protest sites in the capital Kiev, witnesses said on Wednesday.
Several columns of riot police started leaving their positions around the protesters' camp in Independence Square and moved away from City Hall, which is occupied by demonstrators. The protesters could by late morning move freely around central Kiev. (Reporting by Gleb Garanich, writing by Elizabeth Piper, editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane