Oklahoma executes man for rape, murder of two elderly women
OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - Oklahoma executed by lethal injection a 53-year-old man on Tuesday convicted of raping and killing two elderly women in 1986 and 1987 in their Oklahoma City homes.
Ronald Clinton Lott was pronounced dead at 6:06 p.m. Central Time (0006 GMT on Wednesday) at a state prison in McAlester, Oklahoma, state Department of Corrections spokesman Jerry Massie said.
(Reporting by Heide Brandes; Writing by Brendan O'Brien; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic