Oklahoma executes man for rape, murder of two elderly women
OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - Oklahoma executed by lethal injection a 53-year-old man on Tuesday convicted of raping and killing two elderly women in 1986 and 1987 in their Oklahoma City homes.
Ronald Clinton Lott was pronounced dead at 6:06 p.m. Central Time (0006 GMT on Wednesday) at a state prison in McAlester, Oklahoma, state Department of Corrections spokesman Jerry Massie said.
(Reporting by Heide Brandes; Writing by Brendan O'Brien; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief