Oklahoma executes man for rape, murder of two elderly women
OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - Oklahoma executed by lethal injection a 53-year-old man on Tuesday convicted of raping and killing two elderly women in 1986 and 1987 in their Oklahoma City homes.
Ronald Clinton Lott was pronounced dead at 6:06 p.m. Central Time (0006 GMT on Wednesday) at a state prison in McAlester, Oklahoma, state Department of Corrections spokesman Jerry Massie said.
(Reporting by Heide Brandes; Writing by Brendan O'Brien; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act