Ski-Doo maker BRP's quarterly profit jumps 50 pct
Dec 12 (Reuters) - Ski-Doo snowmobile maker BRP Inc , which was spun off from Bombardier Inc in 2003, reported a nearly 50 percent rise in quarterly profit, driven by strong shipments of snowmobiles worldwide.
The Canadian company's net profit rose to C$48.2 million, or 41 Canadian cents per basic share, in the third quarter ended Oct. 31 from C$31.7 million, or 31 Canadian cents per basic share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, BRP earned 50 Canadian cents per basic share.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel pursues punishing Gaza offensive for a third day |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Chinese hackers pursue key data on U.S. workers: NYT