Ski-Doo maker BRP's quarterly profit jumps 50 pct
Dec 12 (Reuters) - Ski-Doo snowmobile maker BRP Inc , which was spun off from Bombardier Inc in 2003, reported a nearly 50 percent rise in quarterly profit, driven by strong shipments of snowmobiles worldwide.
The Canadian company's net profit rose to C$48.2 million, or 41 Canadian cents per basic share, in the third quarter ended Oct. 31 from C$31.7 million, or 31 Canadian cents per basic share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, BRP earned 50 Canadian cents per basic share.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5