Chile's CorpBanca says gets merger bids; big holder to keep stake
SANTIAGO Dec 12 (Reuters) - Chilean bank and takeover target CorpBanca confirmed on Thursday it had received merger offers from "recognized" banking operators.
CorpBanca did not disclose the names of the bidders, but said in a statement that no agreement had yet been reached. It also said billionaire Alvaro Saieh, who owns a controlling stake in the bank, would "maintain a relevant shareholding and management control."
Last week, Reuters reported CorpBanca was close to a sale and that Brazil's Itau Unibanco Holding SA and Spain's Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria were the frontrunners.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics