UPDATE 1-Romania's Fondul Proprietatea sells its entire stake in Transgaz
(Adds detail, background)
BUCHAREST Dec 12 (Reuters) - Franklin Templeton, the manager of Romanian restitution fund Fondul Proprietatea , said it sold its 15 percent stake in state-owned gas grid operator Transgaz on the Bucharest Stock Exchange.
The fund sold 1,764,620 share in Trangaz for 172 lei per share, raising a total of 303.5 million lei ($94 million)according to Reuters calculations.
The $4.7 billion fund, set up to compensate Romanians whose assets were seized under communism, holds minority stakes in a slew of state-owned firms.
"The sale represents a disposal of the fund's entire stake in the company and was multiple-times oversubscribed," Fondul Proprietatea said in a statement on Thursday.
Earlier this month, the fund said it aimed to sell about 10 percent of the gas grid operator. ($1 = 3.2280 Romanian lei) (Reporting by Ioana Patran; Editing by David Holmes)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two dead, including gunman, in shooting at Washington high school: police
- U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers |
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order