UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 12
LONDON Dec 12 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 30-31 points, or 0.5 percent lower, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 15.59 points, or 0.2 percent, at 6,507.72 points on Wednesday.
* Uncertainty over the outlook for U.S. monetary policy looks set to keep investors on edge.
Former head of the Bank of Israel Stanley Fischer has been asked to be the Federal Reserve's next vice chair, a source familiar with the issue said on Wednesday, and is seen as less dovish than Janet Yellen who is set to take over as chief of the U.S. central bank.
* No major domestic economic data will be released on Thursday. U.S. data releases include November retail sales at 1330 GMT alongside the latest weekly jobless claims and November import and export prices.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
SPORTS DIRECT INTERNATIONAL reports first-half results
JOHN WOOD GROUP issues a trading update
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Seventh person dies after New York blast, building collapse: police
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ