Bayern Munich to play in 2014 MLS All-Star match
(Reuters) - European champions Bayern Munich will play in the 2014 Major League Soccer (MLS) All-Star Game as part of their pre-season North American tour, the U.S. league said on Thursday.
The exhibition match will be on August 6 in Portland, Oregon, at the home of the Portland Timbers, MLS said in a statement.
Bayern won their fifth European title, and first in 12 years, in May by beating fellow German side Borussia Dortmund 2-1 in the Champions League final at London's Wembley Stadium.
They also won a domestic league and cup double to become the first German club to claim the treble.
They currently have a four-point lead at the top of the Bundesliga and have reached the Champions League last 16.
In the 2013 MLS All-Star Game, Italy's Serie A club AS Roma cruised to a 3-1 victory in Kansas City.
(Reporting by Frank Pingue in Toronto; editing by Ken Ferris)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data