Gunmen shoot dead 18 oil workers in northeast Iraq - medical, local sources
BAQUBA, Iraq Dec 13 (Reuters) - Masked gunmen shot dead 18 oil and gas workers, most of them Iranians, outside the northeastern Iraqi town of Muqdadiya on Friday, medical and local sources said.
The workers, 15 of them from Iran and three from Iraq, were attacked as they dug a trench to extend a gas pipeline, Muqdadiya's mayor told Reuters. (Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data