US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St rises modestly after 3-day drop
NEW YORK Dec 13 (Reuters) - Wall Street rose modestly at the open on Friday, putting the S&P 500 on track to snap a three-day decline, though market participants remained cautious ahead of a Federal Reserve policy meeting next week.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 25.4 points or 0.16 percent, to 15,764.83, the S&P 500 gained 4.31 points or 0.24 percent, to 1,779.81 and the Nasdaq Composite added 17.037 points or 0.43 percent, to 4,015.439.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media